Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sharon Woods









I have worked in Sharonville for 22 years. Just up the road is located Sharon Woods park. It has been crazy at work lately, so I needed to get out. On the way home I pass Sharon Woods on 275, and been thinking about checking it out. So on Friday the 11 April, I headed to the "Woods". It was a rainy day, but that didn't matter. With camera in hand, and Arby's in the lunch bag I went to see what I've been missing. Sharon Woods is one of nineteen parks in Hamilton County. It covers 730 acres a 35 acre lake,golf coarse,Heritage Village Museum with 19th century builds. Paved trails for hiking and biking.
Since it was raining I thought I'd just drive around. But right after entering the park off of Lebanon Road, I pulled into the parking lot of the Heritage Village Museum. Since it was raining, and I have never seen this before, I decided to explore. Outside the spring color were bright and aromatic. I enter a building that put me in mind of an old mill. They have a gift shop had all kind of items, field guides, t shirts, nature prints... it was a really nice little place. To the left, you had a kids play area(which was good since it was raining). And further into the building was the Heritage Village itself. But in the middle of all this a common area where these location finger off. There is also an exit to go to the trails and play area. Since i was on lunch, I had to watch the time. and it got away from me way to fast. So with my new discovery, I vowed to come back.
Into the car, and back to work. It was a nice lunch break, and I know I will spend more time in Sharon Woods. Spring showers bring May flowers!
See ya in the woods!

No comments: